Sunday, February 14, 2016

Khairy tells youths to participate in politics

Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin today urged youths to join politics, saying it would help the government come up with better policies, but stopped short of telling them to support Barisan Nasional (BN). The Umno Youth head said he would not tell the youths which party they should support, saying the choice is theirs. "Today, everyone is after young people's support. Every party in Malaysia, Barisan Nasional, Pakatan, everyone wants the support of young people. "I'm not here to tell you to vote this or the other because I believe the choice is yours. "And as much as I would love you to vote for my party, ultimately, what you need to do is you need to go back and you need to decide for yourself because that's the only way I can honestly say that I've come here and spoken to you and say that I trust you," he told the National Aspiration and Leadership Summit 2016 at the Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur today. "If I've come here and said I trust young people but I include in my speech 'thank you very much, vote Barisan Nasional', I dont trust you. I need to be able to leave this stage and say it's up to you and go back and pray that you vote for BN." – February 14, 2016. MORE TO COME]]>

No comments:

Post a Comment