Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I’m still with Umno, says Muhyiddin despite suspension

‎Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin says he is still with Umno although he is no longer its deputy president after being dropped by the Supreme Council last Friday. The Pagoh MP said the council's decision did not affect his membership and he was still a legitimate party member now. "In the meantime, I am in Umno and I thank friends for showing me support," he said briefly to reporters after touching down at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) today. Some 100 supporters from Pagoh and several leaders from the Coalition of Umno Branch Chiefs Malaysia (GKCM) were present at the airport to welcome Muhyiddin. They shouted chants of "Hidup Tan Sri" upon seeing Muhyiddin at the arrival hall. Muhyiddin said he had plans to explain the current political situation at a press conference in two days' time. "I will hold a press conference in two days' time to explain all, related to my suspension, my position in Umno and other matters." – March 1, 2016. MORE TO COME]]>

No comments:

Post a Comment