Thursday, March 3, 2016

Youngster brushes aside visual impairment to score in SPM

Being unable to see like "normal people" did not break one youngster's spirit to achieve excellence in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) 2015. Having lost his eyesight at age one, Amirudin Abdullah, 19, was indeed undeterred in his quest for academic success, obtaining 9A 1B in the examination.  "It is a very meaningful gift for me. I am thankful that my efforts have been blessed. And I am proud to share this happiness with my parents," he told Bernama after the official announcement of the SPM results yesterday. Amirudin's only sibling and sister aged 18, capped the family's joy with news that she had obtained 11A in the SPM. "Whenever I came home for the holidays, I would revise my lessons with my sister. She helped me a lot in Mathematics as the subject uses a lot of diagrams.  "We would discuss questions and find the answers, even though our method of learning differed, said Amirudin, a former student at SM Pendidikan Khas Setapak Kuala Lumpur. He said it was his rule to always be attentive in class and to not neglect the homework given by his teachers. "I also woke up early to perform solat sunat hajat and tahajud. After that I would do some revision as I found that time to be most suitable," he said. – Bernama, March 4, 2016.]]>

No comments:

Post a Comment